Have you ever thought about how to troubleshoot QuickBooks runtime error visual C++ using simple steps? Of course, you have. That’s why you are here. In this blog post, we will be sharing what a QuickBooks runtime issue is all about, why it takes place, and how to solve it. Without further ado, let’s explore all the details about this QB issue.
What is a QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++?
The QuickBooks runtime issue is another QuickBooks problem that can suddenly pop up while you perform some essential tasks in the QuickBooks application. You can see the error message appearing on your screen, saying:
- Qbw32.exe – Memory can’t be read
- Runtime has been terminated in an unusual way, “call support or say “Runtime Issue”
Why Do You Encounter a QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++?
There can be a plethora of reasons behind the occurrence of a QuickBooks runtime issue. These causes can be:
- A corrupted and damaged company file can lead to this Microsoft visuals runtime error in QuickBooks.
- If the windows compatibility mode is turned off, then also you might face this problem.
- The corruption of the QBW.INI file is also one of the major reasons for the QB runtime issue.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++?
When it comes to troubleshooting QuickBooks runtime error visual c++, then there can be a lot of ways to resolve it. Let’s have a look at each of them.
Method 1: By Restarting Your System
The first way to get rid of QB runtime errors is by restarting your computer system. Here is how.
- Hit a click on the Windows key and choose the Shutdown or restart button.
- If the system hangs, then hold the power button to turn off the computer system.
- Next, reboot and launch QuickBooks.
Method 2: By Running QuickBooks Without Any Data
You can also get rid of runtime problems by running QuickBooks without any data. Follow the enlisted steps.
- Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously and verify if the QBW.EXE file is running.
- In case you see the QBW.EXE listed, tap the file and then choose the end process option for stopping it.
- Next, press and hold the Ctrl key after right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Tap on Open while keeping the key down.
- This thing will let you access QuickBooks without data being connected to the account.
Method 3: By Changing the Name of QBW.INI File
If the above-mentioned methods fail to work, you can also change the name of the QBW.INI file to fix QuickBooks runtime error visual C++. Here are the steps:
- Initially, find the QBW.INI file by using the Windows file search tool.
- Once you get the file, right-click on it and choose the rename option.
- As per the recommendations of QuickBooks, you must choose the .OLD extension for renaming it. Hence, your file should be QBW.OLD.
- Lastly, press Enter for saving the changes.
Ques 1) How do you debug a runtime error?
Run your program in debug mode (click on the line number next to the breakpoint; a red stop sign will appear) to locate where the error occurs. Your program will pause on the marked line. Afterward, you can either step to the next line (F7) or go to the next breakpoint (shift+F7).
Ques 2) How do I find runtime errors?
You can find runtime errors in several ways. The most common ones are with an error message saying, “memory card can’t be read,” or “runtime error has been terminated in an unusual manner.”
Ques 3) What To Do To Avoid Runtime Error in QuickBooks?
To avoid runtime errors in QuickBooks, keep updating the application regularly. Also, you can call experts at Fast Cloud for assistance to prevent such issues.
Hopefully, after checking out this blog post, you will be able to resolve the Microsoft visual C++ runtime error in QuickBooks. Whether you do it by restarting your computer, running QuickBooks without data, or by changing the name of the QBW.INI file, the idea is to get rid of this error.
Still can’t understand how to troubleshoot QuickBooks runtime error visual C++? Feel free to call our QuickBooks experts.