Fixing a QuickBooks error OL-332 can be a difficult task if you don’t pick the right method for it. But how should you choose the relevant troubleshooting steps to resolve it? Well, this blog post is going to be your saviour. After reading it, you will get to know what this error code in QuickBooks is all about, why it takes place, and how to fix it.
What is QuickBooks Error OL-332?
The QuickBooks issue code OL-332 or an invalid customer ID or pin error in QuickBooks is a banking error in QB Desktop. It can be annoying when you start dealing with online transactions in the QuickBooks application. And most of the time, you will see an error message similar to:
“Error code OL-332: Invalid customer ID or PIN. Please try again…”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error OL-332 Occur?
There could be several instances when the QuickBooks problem OL-332 triggers on your screen. Let me share some of the root causes of this QB banking issue.
- When there are changes in the banking services, such as web connects and direct connects, then this issue might pop up.
- If your bank account becomes inactive with disabled online services, you may face this QuickBooks problem OL 332.
- Whenever you use a discontinued version of windows or QuickBooks application, this can surely appear on your screen.
- In a situation when you can’t import or export downloaded files in QuickBooks, this issue tends to occur.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error Code OL-332?
Undeniably, solving a QuickBooks issue code OL-332 involves a plethora of methods. Although it will be difficult to share all of those troubleshooting steps with you, I’ll try to share some of them with you. Have a glance.
Solution 1: By Changing The Name Of One Of The Accounts At Bank’s Website
One of the best ways to deal with an error 332 in QuickBooks Desktop is by renaming one of the accounts on the bank’s website. Here is how.
- First of all, select the Banking option in the navigation bar.
- After doing it, choose the bank account that you would like to rename.
- Next, choose the Edit account info option from the Edit menu.
- Under the account info window, select the account that you want to disconnect.
- Lastly, save all the changes by hitting the Save option.
Solution 2: By Exporting And Importing The Chart Of Accounts
Another method for fixing a QuickBooks error 332 is by exporting and importing the chart of accounts using the below-mentioned methods:
- To start with, locate the QuickBooks application for opening it and then click on the File option.
- Under the File option, select Utilities and then select the List to IIF Files option.
- Once done, save the file to the desktop after selecting the Chart of Accounts option.
- After completing the above step, you need to import the Chart of Accounts and thus, you should click on the File option again.
- Next, tap on Utilities>Import>IIF Files
- In the end, try searching for the saved chart of IIF Files on your system and check if it resolves the QB error 332.
Solution 3: By Downloading The Banks Statements
If both the above methods for getting rid of a QuickBooks issue 332, then you must download the bank statements by using the following steps:
- Initially, go to the list menu in QuickBooks and select the Chart of Accounts option.
- Later on, tap on your enabled bank account for online banking.
- Next, choose the Download Bank Statement option for the downloading process to begin.
- Under the Online Banking Centre Window, select Add from the View option.
- Now, hit the required icon and press Enter.
Summing it up:
All in all, you can effortlessly resolve a QuickBooks error OL-332 by using any of the above-mentioned solutions. Change the name of one of the accounts on the bank’s website, export and import the charts of accounts, or download the bank statements, it’s your call.
Were you able to resolve the QuickBooks error code 332? No? Are you confused regarding the troubleshooting steps? In that case, feel free to get in touch with our QB experts for technical assistance via call.