The way a car is without fuel so is the QuickBooks software with QuickBooks error 1904. And the reason is simple. This QuickBooks error occurs while installing the QuickBooks software on your system. But why does this QuickBooks issue code pops up? What do you need to do for troubleshooting it? This blog post is the key.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
Although QuickBooks has ample features, it still remains a delicate software that’s prone to several errors. QuickBooks installation error 1904 is one of them. As its name speaks out loud, this issue in QuickBooks Desktop usually triggers during the installation process. Whenever you face this problem, you get an error message similar to:
“Error code 1904: File name/path failed to register…”
Must Check: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Why Does A QuickBooks Error 1904 Triggers On Your Screen?
There could be a plethora of reasons why QuickBooks installation issue 1904 appears on your screen, such as:
- Missing components of the Microsoft operating system might lead to error code 1904 in QuickBooks.
- Hard-drive read and write issues result in QuickBooks problem 1904.
- If you use an old or expired operating system version, then also error 1904 pops up.
- Problems occurring in the installation source while creating a path also give a chance for this QB error to take place.
- Due to corruptions in the QuickBooks installer file also you can witness this QuickBooks problem 1904.
- When the security software does not allow QuickBooks installation, then also you see this error message.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904?
Undeniably, you understand a lot about a QuickBooks error code 1904 after going through the above-mentioned steps. Let me share with you a few solutions for getting rid of QuickBooks issue code 1904.
Method 1: Troubleshoot With QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
One of the best ways for fixing a QuickBooks installation issue code 1904 is by running the QB Diagnostic tool. Here is how.
- Initially, you must launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done, make sure you are hitting the Installation Issues option.
- Later on, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option from the window that pops up.
- In the next step, ensure to wait for around 20 minutes to let the process finish.
- Lastly, reboot your system and open the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Repair The Windows Components Manually
Specifically, there are two components in Window that you need to fix manually. And they are Microsoft MSXML and Microsoft .NET Framework. However, make sure you are using these steps if you have any technical knowledge about it. Otherwise, it’s always better to seek advice from tech-savvy professionals.
Method 3: By Listing QuickBooks To Bitfinder Exclusion
In case you are using Bitdefender, then there is no better option than adding QuickBooks to the Bitfinder exclusion list. There can be two cases for various versions of Windows, and you need to choose the suitable step for you.
Case 1: Keep the path C:\Program files\Common files in the exclusion list for 32- bit Windows OS
Case 2: Put the path C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list for 64-bit Windows Operating System
Method 4: By Uninstalling And Re-installing the Adobe Flash Player
Another solution to chuck off a QuickBooks issue 1904 is by uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player. Ensure to follow the enlisted steps:
- To begin with, go to the Start menu and type Control Panel inside the search box. Press Enter.
- When the Control Panel window pops up, you need to choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Next, select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the available list and choose uninstall.
- Furthermore, follow all the on-screen steps for performing the uninstall process.
- In the end, download and install the Adobe Flash Player again.
Summing it up:
Getting rid of a QuickBooks error 1904 is a piece of cake if you use the aforementioned steps, believe it or not. Since you are not an expert in fixing QuickBooks issues, we won’t deny that this troubleshooting process will be smooth for you. So, whenever you feel stuck while rectifying this problem in QuickBook, feel free to call our QB experts.