Solving a QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error can be a tricky task. Do you know why? It’s because people usually face confusion while resolving it. So, we thought of coming up with a few easy troubleshooting steps for fixing this OLSU error in QuickBooks. Let’s explore each of these steps for getting rid of QB OLSU issue 1013.
What is QuickBooks OLSU 1013 Error?
OLSU error 1013 in QuickBooks is a technical glitch in QuickBooks software that usually occurs while connecting with the user’s banking institution. When it pops up, you will see an error message similar to:
“ An unexpected QuickBooks error. The software can’t access the branding and profile servers. Click cancel to discontinue…”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013 Occur?
Before you begin resolving a Quickbooks issue code 1013, it’s essential for you to know the reasons why it takes place. Here is the list of a few causes for the occurrence of QB issue code 1013:
- If you are using an outdated QuickBooks desktop version, there are chances of facing this OLSU problem.
- In a situation where you entered incorrect login credentials, you can encounter this QB issue.
- When your QuickBooks application isn’t connected to a bank account, this 1013 issue in QB will still trigger.
- Some problem with the internet connection is another reason for this QB banking error.
How To Fix QuickBooks OLSU 1013 Error?
Now, when you understand what the OLSU error in QuickBooks is all about and why does it triggers on your screen, let’s see some methods to troubleshoot it.
Method 1: By Creating A New QuickBooks Company File
The first troubleshooting step in getting rid of a QuickBooks OLSU issue 1013 is to create a new QuickBooks Company File. Here is how.
- To begin with, go to the File menu and select the new company from there.
- Later on, tap on the express start.
- After that, add the bank account that is facing the issues.
- Once done, you have to configure the account for the bank feeds.
- In the end, you require to download and install the bank feed transactions for testing the account.
Method 2: By Making And Merging Accounts
You can also make and merge accounts for solving the error code OLSU 1013 by using the following steps:
- Initially, you require to right-click on the accounts that are facing this QuickBooks problem and select the edit account option from there.
- After that, you need to copy the account name.
- Once you complete the above step, insert an asterisk (*) at the end of the account name.
- Next, tap on the bank feed settings tab and deactivate all the online services by selecting the suitable option.
- Furthermore, save and close all the changes you made.
- Now, create a new account by clicking on the chart of accountants.
- Afterward, remove the asterisk for pasting the account name. For this process, you require to click on the chart of accounts with an asterisk and right-click on it.
- Tap on the Edit option and clear the asterisk. Then, hit a yes on the warning message dialogue box that pops up.
- Lastly, you can download transactions to the newly merged account by clicking on the setup an account for bank feeds option.
Method 3: By Updating the Banking Connection
Another way to eliminate the QuickBooks problem OLSU 1013 is by updating and refreshing the banking connection on the affected QB account. Let’s look at how to perform this process.
- In the initial step, verify all the inactive bank accounts.
- Once done, navigate to the QuickBooks company file.
- Next, select the chart of accounts.
- After that, all you need to do is to activate the inactive accounts by selecting them.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, the above-discussed methods will help you in eliminating QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error effortlessly. But what if you still can’t understand how to fix it? Well, don’t worry about it. Our QuickBooks experts are round-the-clock available to guide you through the troubleshooting process.