Don’t you get frustrated when a QuickBooks error 12029 pops up on your screen and you can’t complete your accounting tasks? In such a case, there are ample ways to fix this issue. Do you want to know what are they? Well, you must go through this blog post for it. Here you will also explore what QuickBooks error code 12029 is all about and why does it occur. Without further ado, let’s check it out.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
The QB error code 12029 is actually a network time-out problem in QuickBooks. It means that your accounting software is not getting an IP address, and all the servers of your system are connected to a weak connection.
Whenever the back-end servers fail to revert to Quickbooks within a given time frame, this error can occur. Another instance where this issue triggers is the moment where you start updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll. Are you now eager to understand the other reasons for the occurrence of this error? If yes, then scroll down to find them all.
Why Does The QuickBooks error 12029 takes place?
There can be both internal and external reasons why the QuickBooks error 12029 occurs on your screen. Here is the list of some of those causes:
- External Causes For QuickBooks issue 12029
- The first reason for this error code 12029 in QuickBooks is the negligence during the downloading process of QuickBooks payroll update.
- Incorrect firewall or internet security settings also prevent Intuit QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- If there is a network error in your system, then also there are chances for this issue to trigger.
- Internal Cause For QuickBooks Problem 12029
- When there is an update time-out in QuickBooks, you may face this QB trouble.
- You can also encounter this QuickBooks problem due to a blocked server or other connection issues.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12029?
Now, when you already understand what this QB error 12029 is all about and why it pops up. Let’s discuss the steps to fix it.
Solution 1: Check The Internet Connectivity And Settings
The first way to get rid of QuickBooks payroll error 12029 is by checking the Internet connectivity and settings. Do as directed:
- Launch the Internet Explorer and start accessing any safe website, such as www.google.com.
- In case you get an issue while accessing the website, then you need to verify the internet connection settings for any misconfigurations.
- Later on, ensure that the date and time of your system are correctly set.
- Once done, you have to open Internet Explorer, and tap Tool at the top. Then, choose the Internet options.
- Tap on the Reset/Restore defaults option under the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Apply button and press OK. You can now check the status of the error.
Solution 2: Verify The Antivirus And Firewall Configurations
The next way to fix this QuickBooks payroll error code 12029 is by verifying the antivirus and firewall configurations. Here is how to do it:
- To get started, you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website.
- Then, save it to your desktop and run the tool.
- In further steps, the QB file doctor tool will set up the firewall automatically and then open the ports.
- Lastly, you can see if you are able to resolve the error or not.
Solution 3: By Installing Or Updating The QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate
One more method to repair QuickBooks issue 12029 is by installing or updating the QB Desktop security certificate. Use the following steps to do it:
- Initially, select properties after right-clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Next, go to the Shortcut tab for clicking on the Open File Location option and press OK.
- Later, click on the right of the QuickBooks app’s .exe file and tap on Properties.
- Afterward, navigate the Digital Signatures tab and choose QuickBooks from the list that appears and click on details.
- Then, you can tap on the View Certificate option available under the General tab and install it.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, choose Current User as the Store Location and hit Next.
- Finish the process after clicking on Next.
We hope this article post will clarify your doubts about fixing a QuickBooks error 12029 without fail. Still, if you don’t understand any troubleshooting steps, feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts. Our skilled team is round-the-clock available to resolve your issues.