Isn’t it an irritating experience when you face a “Qbcfmonitorservice not working” error in your system? Of course, it is. And things become even worse when you’ve to perform important accounting tasks on the heavy tax-filing days via QuickBooks. Well, who wants to get involved in unnecessary QuickBooks update procedure.
In the blog post, we’ll be sharing the best practices to fix Qbcfmonitorservice problems. But before that, let’s dive in and check what this error actually means.
What do you mean by the “QBCFMonitorService not working” Issue?
QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service is a part of QB Desktop’s automatic update process. It allows the users to run the QuickBooks in multi-user mode by connecting the workstations with the company file on the server.
But several times, this process might fail to run on your computer system. Here is where the QBCFMonitor service error pops up, and you’ll see an error message similar to:
“QBCFMonitorservice is not running on this system”
Why Does The “QBCFMonitorService Isn’t Working” Error Message Appear?
There could be several instances of why a QBCFmonitorservice problem triggers on your system, such as:
- In a situation where QB installed on your server isn’t properly configured, then you may face a QBCFMonitorService issue.
- Whenever there is a deletion of the qbcfmonitorservice.exe file, then also this QuickBooks company file manager trouble appears.
- Suppose you are using an outdated QuickBooks Database Server Manager version, then also there are chances for the occurrence of this QB issue.
How To Resolve “ QBCFMonitorService Isn’t Working ” Problem?
Now, when you know the causes for the occurrence of the QBCFmonitorservice problem, let’s explore ways to fix it.
Way 1: Check The QuickBooks Multi-hosting Configuration On Your Server
Sometimes you face issues in the QuickBooks Company File Monitor service due to the disabled hosting. Here is how to check the QB multi-hosting configuration.
- To begin with, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and tap on the File tab.
- Proceeding further, click on the Utilities option and hit on the Host Multi-User Access option.
- After the confirmation box appears on your screen, tap on the “Yes” option.
- One thing you need to ensure is the activation of the hosting only on the server. Moreover, multi-user hosting should not run on any other workstation computers.
- In order to continue with the verification process, launch the QuickBooks application and navigate to the File tab.
- In case, the Switch to Single-User mode option is visible to you, it simply means that the QB is running under the multi-user mode. Next, hit on the Switch to Single-User mode.
Way 2: Fix “Qbcfmonitorservice not working” issue By Installing The Recent Updates of the QB Database Manager Server
Another method to get rid of a QuickBooks company file monitoring service issue is to install the latest update of the QB Database manager server. Here is how.
- Initially, go to the Help tab under the QuickBooks version you are currently using and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Once done, tick mark all the latest QB features and release them in the Update Now tab.
- Later on, hit on the Get Updates option and allow the application to download all the available updates.
- In the end, restart your workstation after the completion of the QuickBooks updates.
Way 3: Configure the QuickBooks Database Manager Services
If the aforementioned methods fail, then you can also fix the QB company file monitor by using the below steps:
- First of all, hold the Windows+R key and then start typing services.msc under the run box.
- After that, hit OK or Enter.
- Moving ahead, look for the QuickBooks DBXX service under the services list for making the changes in the properties.
- In case, if you see the service status as stopped, choose Properties after right-clicking the service.
- Now, go to the General tab and make changes to the Startup Type option. Switch it to Automatic from Manual.
- Furthermore, navigate to the Log On tab and choose to Restart the Service from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, Hit Apply and press OK.
Ques 1) What is the use of QBCFMonitorService?
QBCFMonitorService checks for the new/copied QB update files. After monitoring the files, this tool prepares the updates of your company file with the most recent updates.
Ques 2) How to identify a QuickBooks Company File Monitor Service extension?
A genuine QBCFMonitorService software component file has an extension of QBIDPService.exe.
Summing it up:
Without a doubt, troubleshooting a “Qbcfmonitorservice not working” error isn’t as difficult as landing on the moon. You can do it smoothly if you follow the above-discussed steps. Hopefully, you found this blog on QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service problems to be insightful. Feel free to connect with the QuickBooks experts if you face any difficulties.