Were you checking for the ways on how to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a? Then, this post will be an oasis in the desert. These solutions are apt for troubleshooting this Quickbooks error code. But then what is this QuickBooks error message all about? Why is it reflecting on your screen? We will be revealing the answer to all these questions in this article post.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is a QuickBooks issue that occurs unexpectedly when the user tries to open a QuickBooks Company File. In common words, this error is also known as the run-time error in QuickBooks. It pops up with error messages like,
- “An unexpected error occurred while opening QuickBooks company file”
- “QuickBooks error 80029c4a occurred. Please contact seqrite support”
- “QuickBooks error loading type library/DLL”
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Pop Up?
There could be a variety of reasons why QuickBooks error code 80029c4a occurs. Some of them are as follows:
- In a situation when you fail to install QuickBooks software properly.
- When there is a corrupted Windows registry, this error may appear.
- Damage occurs in the QuickBooks system file.
- In a case, when the QuickBooks components didn’t start properly then also you can encounter error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks.
Then View: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Finally, we will be sharing some ultimate tips on “How to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a” if you encounter it. Are you curious to know about them? Yes? Then, read them all carefully.
Method 1: By Running the Reboot.bat Files
One way for resolving QuickBooks desktop error 80029c4a is by running the Reboot.bat files. Have a glance at these troubleshooting steps.
- First of all, shut down your QuickBooks desktop application.
- Later, launch the folder in which you wish to reboot.bat file.
- Hit a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- In the next step, choose Properties.
- Tap on the Open File Location option.
- Next, choose the Run as System Administrator option after right-clicking on the reboot.bat file.
- Always ensure to run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- It will completely depend on the window folder options settings that will be depicted as bat, reboot, or reboot.bat file.
- As a final step, restart your system.
Method 2: By Using The QuickBooks Clean Install Utility Tool
Another thing you can do for getting rid of QB error 80029c4a is with the use of the QB Clean Install Tool. Here is how.
- In the first step, reinstall the QuickBooks application using the Clean Install Tool
- After that, update the QuickBooks Desktop as per its latest version.
- Now, navigate to the File menu and log off
- Next, choose the Run As Administrator option. Make sure that there is no Company File open on the screen.
- Once done, locate the help option and select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Reset the updates by choosing the Update Now option.
- After the update finishes, restart the system.
Method 3: By Performing Windows Repair of QuickBooks
You can also troubleshoot QuickBooks error 80029c4a by applying the below steps.
- Close your QuickBooks application, and tap on the Windows button.
- Later, open the control panel and uninstall the program.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the program list.
- Hit a click on the Uninstall option and tap next.
- The QuickBooks installation windows will pop up. Click on the Next button.
- Next, click on Repair after selecting the Repair radio option.
- After the completion of the repair process, hit the Finish button.
- Reboot your system again.
Method 4: Run The Windows System File Checker
Sometimes running the Windows system file checker can also help in fixing QuickBooks runtime error 80029c4a. Read how.
- Initially, tap on the Start menu. Then, type “command” on the search box.
- Next, the user requires to hold the Ctrl + Shift keys. Hit the Enter key after it.
- After doing it, a permission dialog box will pop up, where you have to tap on the Yes option.
- In the next step, you must enter SFC/Scannow and then press Enter.
- Wait until the system file checker completes the process.
- After the process ends, follow the instructions that pop up on the screen to get rid of the issue.
Wrapping it up:
Indeed, this post will help you in knowing how to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. You can do it by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Utility tool, Windows System File Checker, running reboot.bat files, and whatnot.
Are you able to resolve this runtime error in QuickBooks using the above4-discussed steps? If still not, then feel free to give us a call and our Quickbooks experts will surely give you the best technical assistance.